The following page(s) contain instructions on using Remote Desktop to connect to Faculty & Staff Windows computers on the UMKC campus (from off-campus). Your campus computer must be powered on to receive connections.
To connect to your campus Windows PC from a Mac you will need to use the Microsoft Remote Desktop application for Mac version 10.3.8 (or higher). If you are using a university-owned Mac, you may already have this app installed. Please contact the Technology Support Center or your IT Liaison if you have questions about using this software on a university-owned Mac.
|Supported||Default Icon||Client Name|
|Microsoft RDP v10
Link to Download
|Microsoft RDP v8|
Mac OS X Remote Desktop Connection Instructions
If you have not recently connected to this computer there will be a delay as your profile is created. This is normal.
- Open the Microsoft Remote Desktop application
- Click the "+" icon
- Select PC
- For PC Name, enter the name of the remote computer to connect to. Or check How to find my computer name
- For User Account, click the dropdown to change the setting
- Click Add User Account
- For User Name, type UMKCusername@umsystem.edu in Domain\Username
- For Password, type your UMKC Username Password. Note: you will need to update your Remote Desktop settings every time you change your UMKC Username password.
- Click Save
- For Friendly Name, enter the PC name
- Click on no gateway to change the setting
- Select Add Gateway from the dropdown
- For Server Name, enter tsg.umkc.edu
- For User Account, click Use PC User account
- Select your UMKC username from the list
- Click Add
- Click Add again
- To initiate the connection, double click on your PC Name tile
- Click Show Certificate
- Click Always Trust to prevent seeing this warning again for the PC specified
- Click Continue
You are now connected!