The following page(s) contain instructions on using Remote Desktop to connect to Faculty & Staff computers on the UMKC campus (from off-campus).
Attention: Your campus computer must be powered on and you must also have rights to access your computer remotely. You must also follow these steps (one time only) to ensure your campus computer is ready to accept Remote Desktop connections. If you need assistance, please contact your IT Liaison.
Mac OS X Remote Desktop Connection Instructions
To connect to your campus Windows PC from a Mac you will need to use the Remote Desktop Connection Client for Mac. If this is already installed on your Mac you can find it in the Applications folder. If it is not installed you may click here to install it.
Follow the steps below to connect to your campus computer:
- If you are connecting from off campus, establish a VPN connection to the UMKC network.
- Open the Remote Desktop Connection application from the Applications folder.
- Enter the name of the remote computer to connect to. If you are unable to determine the name of your campus (office) computer, contact your IT Liaison.
- Click Connect.
- Enter your UMKC username and password.
The domain must be set to KC.UMKC.EDU.
- Click OK to connect to the computer.