Microsoft Home Use Program (HUP)
For a discount of the retail price, Microsoft
offers enrollment in the Software Assurance Home Use Program (HUP)
to UMKC faculty and staff. HUP is not available to students, who
are entitled to use Office 365 for free. The subscription options, new in 2019, offer
several advantages over Microsoft's old perpetual program. You can now access Office from all of your devices, you are no longer limited to 1 device.
Also, you are no longer locked in to a single version that becomes out of date; a subscription entitles you to all of the latest Microsoft releases.
There are 2 new subscription options. Office 365 Personal entitles you to all of the apps and services listed below for $48.99 per year. Office 365 Home covers you and 5 family members for all of the same features for $69.99 per year. Your subscription can be renewed as long as you
are a University employee with your choice of Monthy or Annual payments.
All support for the HUP software is
provided by Microsoft. Setup and installation support is similar to
the support provided to customers who purchase Microsoft programs at
a retail store. Microsoft offers support via phone, email, and live chat.
How to Redeem Your Copy
Navigate to the
Microsoft HUP discount page
- Enter your full UMKC email address and click Get Started.
- Microsoft will automatically verify you are a UMKC eligible user and send you an email.
- At the bottom of the email, click the button Login to start saving.
- You will be prompted to sign in with a Microsoft account. If you do not already have one, click Create One! and follow the prompts on your screen.
- Choose which option (Personal or Home) best fits your needs and click Buy Now.
- Review your selection and click Checkout.
Microsoft Office - What's Included
With Microsoft Office, you get a complete set of tools that help you
work efficiently and productively.
- For use on multiple PCs/Macs, tablets, and phones (including Windows, Mac, iOS, and Android)
- 1TB OneDrive cloud storage with advanced security per person
- Collaborate on documents with others online
Office 365 for Windows includes:
Requires Windows 7, 8, or 10.
Office 365 for Mac includes:
Requires OSX 10.12 (or higher).
For further information please contact Information Services' software acquisition expert via email at
firstname.lastname@example.org or at 816.235.2220.