OS Updates for UMKC Apple Computers
UMKC Information Services offers user-initiated OS upgrade options for eligible UMKC Apple computers. Existing accounts, data, and applications will be retained through the process. OS upgrades can be accessed via the Self Service application installed on IS-supported Apple computers. The process takes ~45 minutes.
- OS X 10.10 or later
- 4GB of memory
- 12.5GB of available storage
- MacBook (Early 2015 or newer)
- MacBook Air (Mid 2012 or newer)
- MacBook Pro (Mid 2012 or newer)
- Mac mini (Late 2012 or newer)
- iMac (Late 2012 or newer)
- iMac Pro (2017)
- Mac Pro (Late 2013; Mid 2010 and Mid 2012 models)
- Navigate to the Applications folder, and locate the Self Service application:
Note: If the Self Service application is not present, you will need to contact the UMKC Technology Support Center to request installation.
2. Launch Self Service. Navigate to the OS Installers and Imaging section.
3. Select the appropriate upgrade option, and click Install.
4. Once the installer file is copied to the machine, the upgrade will automatically begin.
5. The machine will reboot automatically when finished.