Detailed Mac Instructions
Apple OS X 10.7 to 10.10
- If you are off-campus, you must first establish a VPN connection.
- Open the "Connect to Server" app from within Finder by pressing Command + K,, or by navigating to the Finder menu and selecting Go.
- Type the name of the share you wish to connect to:
- N:\ Drive - Type smb://kc.umkc.edu/kc-users
- Q:\ Drive - Type smb://kc.umkc.edu/kc-users/home/[first letter of UMKC Username]/UMKC Username in the Server Address field. (e.g., John Doe would type smb://kc.umkc.edu/kc-users/home/d/doej)
- Click Connect.
- Select the Registered User radio button.
- Type your UMKC Username in the Name field.
- Type your UMKC Username password in the password field.
- Click Connect
- Your network share will mount on the desktop.