EndNote General Information
EndNote is the industry standard software tool for publishing and managing bibliographies on the Windows and Macintosh desktop. Writers can save countless hours of typing and interpreting style requirements when creating bibliographies for curricula vitae, manuscripts, thesis/dissertations, grant proposals, term papers and other publications.
Licensed operating systems -- Windows and Macintosh
Here's what's NEW in X7!
EndNote Desktop Client
- The site license is available to currently employed faculty and staff members on their university owned machines. EndNote can be installed remotely on most computers. To request an installation contact the Call Center at 816-235-2000 or firstname.lastname@example.org, or the appropriate Information Technology Liaison.
- The desktop client is not licensed for student use. Students may
purchase specially priced academic copies of the full desktop client for
their personal use from any of several sources for around $115.
- Students as well as faculty and staff may make use of EndNote Web, the web-based bibliographic service.
- Shortcuts to the web site MyEndNoteWeb are available in all IS managed student labs.
EndNote Take Home Option
There is a take home option for faculty and staff. Registered users may make a single copy of the install files for take-home installation.
- Users must agree to the License Agreement and become a registered user. Registration is also available through the IS Call Center or the appropriate Information Technology Liaison.
- Windows and Mac files are available via a secured UMKC LAN connection.
- Windows users must copy the .msi file and the license.dat file onto removable media. Install the .msi on the home computer. Both files must be in the same directory for the install to complete successfully.
- Mac users can simply copy the .dmg file onto removable media and install on the home computer. It is recommended that Mac users download the file to their media from an on-campus Windows computer.
- Be sure to install EndNote after Microsoft Word in order to take advantage of the Cite While You Write option.
- Visit the EndNote web site
- For Technical Support and Services, visit EndNote's support site
- For on-line training, visit EndNote's Product Training site. Online tutorials are ready to assist users 24/7.
- Please contact the software acquisition person if you have any questions about the obtaining or licensing of EndNote or the statistical analysis programs at UMKC.
- Please contact the Call Center at 816-235-2000 or email@example.com if you have any questions about the installation or use of EndNote or the statistical analysis programs at UMKC.
For further information please contact Information Services' software acquisition expert via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or at 816.235.8810.