AMOS for Windows
Structural Equation Modeling to Test Relationships
With AMOS software you can address your predictive analytic needs, whether they require reporting, statistics, data mining, text analysis, Web analytics, survey analysis, decision optimization, or a combination of these capabilities. The integrated technology suite is designed to expand as your predictive needs grow. Unlike an isolated analytics tool with limited applicability or an elementary analytics component that meets only a fraction of your objectives, AMOS technology is robust and expandable.
How To Get a Copy of AMOS
Currently employed faculty and staff members: Please contact the IS Technology Support Center or submit a request to have this software installed for you. Faculty or staff wishing to use AMOS off campus are encouraged to use the Remote Labs.
How To Install AMOS
The preferred method for obtaining a copy of AMOS is to contact the IS Technology Support Center or your IT Liaison and request a remote installation. When a computer name is provided, this software can be installed immediately or at a time of the user's choosing. The remote installation will remove previous versions of AMOS before installing the current version. It is possible, but not reccomended, to have 2 versions installed simultaneously.
How to Renew Your AMOS License
Each year around June 1st the licenses for both AMOS and Amos expire. Most networked Windows installations of the current version will be updated automatically. For laptops or other off-site computers, you may need to enter a new code to process the license renewal for a previously installed copy. UMKC will support the current version, and the immediately preceeding version only.
- Close AMOS.
- Click START>ALL PROGRAMS>IBM SPSS STATISTICS>IBM SPSS AMOS STATISTICS [version] LICENSE AUTHORIZATION WIZARD
- View current license expiration date. Select: NEXT.
- Select 'License my product now'. Select: NEXT.
- Enter the code exactly as provided by the IS Technology Support Center (you may find it easier to copy and paste directly from an email).
- Verify that 'Authorization Succeeded'. Select NEXT.
- View the new license expiration date. Select FINISH.
- Your copy of AMOS is now licensed through May 31st.
For questions concerning installation or use of AMOS, please contact the Call Center at (816) 235-2000 or TechSupportCenter@umkc.edu.
For further information please contact Information Services' software acquisition expert via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or at 816.235.2220.