Qualtrics General Information
Qualtrics is the industry-leading provider of Online Survey Software. Online surveys have never been easier. Qualtrics Research Suite software makes it easy to master customer insights. These insights drive strategy and are used to anticipate the needs of customers. And with happy customers, everyone wins.
This online survey tool is user friendly and allows you to build surveys, distribute to participants, monitor responses and analyze the results. Qualtrics features:
Qualtrics is available to all UMKC faculty, staff, and students.
- Easy survey design with question libraries and automatic choices
- Comprehensive lists of question types including pick, drill down, rank order, etc.
- Survey development with collaboration options
- Data analysis
Setting Up Your Qualtrics Account
Access to Qualtrics is controlled by your UMKC user name and password. Use the web browser of your choice to go to umkc.qualtrics.com and log in. You can start your first survey from there.
Qualtrics offers additional functionality through optional add-ons that are not included in the Qualtrics Research Suite. Some of the more popular options include:
The Research Suite add-ons are licensed independently at one of the following levels:
- File Upload - The File Upload question type allows respondents to upload a file along with their survey response. Using File Upload, you can collect data that may not be available through standard survey questions. Learn more about File Upload.
- Offline Surveys - Qualtrics Offline Surveys allow you to administer surveys on your mobile device without an internet connection. Responses can be collected in the field on your mobile device and then uploaded back into Qualtrics as soon as you have an internet connection. Learn more about Offline Surveys.
- Lab Access (1-5 users within the same lab or department) $1,000/year
- Department Access (all users must be within the same department) $1,500/year
- College Access (all users must be within the same college) $2,500/year
- University $5,000+/year
Learn to Use Qualtrics
Qualtrics offers a plethora of instructional resources on their website including Learn Qualtrics in 5 Steps which will take you through: Survey Basics, Practice Survey 1, Best Practices, Advanced Survey Building, Practice Survey 2, and Comprehensive Review.