Detailed iOS VPN Instructions (iPhone / iPad / iPod Touch)
- Open the App Store
- Search for GlobalProtect
- Install GlobalProtect Secure Network Connection from the devoloper Palo Alto Networks.
- Open GlobalProtect
- If asked '"GlobalProtect" Would You Like to Send You Notifications' please click "allow".
- Tap the white round button with a shield in the center to connect.
- If asked for a "Portal Address" please type in without qoutes "weblogon.umkc.edu"
- For Account, type your UMKC Username@umsystem.edu.
- For Password, type your UMKC Username password. Note: you will need to update your VPN settings every time you change your UMKC Username password
- Tap "Connect"
- When you no longer need the VPN connection, open the GlobalProtect app and tap the white round button with a shield in the center.
- From this point forward, when you need VPN on ths device, open the GlobalProtect app and tap the white round button with a shield in the center to connect.
A VPN connects your device to the UMKC network. This means it is visible to the world as part of the UMKC network which exposes it to the same threats as any device on the campus. These may include attempts to gain unauthorized access to your machine. Your device's vulnerability is determined by the security settings, policies and behaviors you employ in the use and management of the device. It is your responsibility to protect your device from unauthorized access.