UMKC Information Services offers software purchasing services and expertise in product consultation, vendor contracts, volume license agreements, approval facilitation and purchase/delivery processing. IS also ensures that purchases meet campus standards and are policy compliant including BPM 1204. Please note: All university software purchased outside of the central IS processes must have CIO approval.
For more information on current guidelines and pricing, please reference the IT Hardware and Software Resources sites or contact us at 816-235-2000.
Campus Software - for UMKC owned computers
- Universal Campus Image - Campus workstations receive a standard operating system image with a default suite of software.
- Adobe Licensed Software - UMKC receives deeply discounted pricing on all Adobe titles for Staff/Faculty.
- Microsoft Select Software - Special Microsoft pricing is available for Staff/Faculty.
- Miscellaneous Software - Other titles, such as Apple OSX, AutoCAD, ChemOffice, ESRI, and Mathematica are available at reduced prices.
- Site-Licensed Software - Information Services has site-licensed EndNote, Maple, SAS, and SPSS for use by full-time faculty or staff, and students in the Student Computing Labs.
Faculty & Staff
- Microsoft Office - Microsoft's Home Use Program allows faculty and staff to purchase one copy of Office at a deeply discounted price.
- Academically Priced Software - Many software titles can be purchased as box copies at reduced academic pricing through the UMKC Bookstore.