- IS Technology Support Center
Microsoft Office 365 Help Center
Microsoft Office 365 Community Site
The University of Missouri System partners with Microsoft to provide email services to students. Microsoft recently upgraded all email service partners to a new email system called Office 365 (O365). The first phase of the upgrade rebranded Outlook Live to Office 365. The second phase, called Wave 15, begins rolling out on January 19th, and will change the look and feel of the email system to match Microsoft's Office 2013 products.
Email accounts will be converted starting on Sunday, January 19th. There will be no interruption in service - students will still be able to log into accounts and access mail during the transition.
After the transition, the email interface will look a little different, with some menu items rearranged. New menu items for Calendar and People (contacts) will also be visible.
You'll know you've been converted when your email screen looks similar to
Other benefits of this upgrade include an email storage limit increase to 50GB, and improved anti-malware features.
Other items to note:
- Student email addresses, email passwords, and the URL used to access email (http://mail.umkc.edu) remain the same - they will not change.
- Mobile devices and email clients configured to work with Office 365 should not be affected by this upgrade - if it was working before, it should continue to work.
- Connected accounts and forwarding rules should continue to work after the upgrade.
- The University uses Office 365 for email services only. We are not licensed for Lync, SharePoint, or any other features of Office 365.
More information about the upgrade can be found in this Office 365 Wave 15 FAQ document.
Additionally, Microsoft has the following resources available:
If you have questions about or any problems related to this upgrade, please contact the UMKC IS Technology Support Center at 816.235.2000, or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.