The following instructions are based on Ubuntu 16.04 LTS. Other Unix based Operating Systems may use the configuration options listed in Step 2, but are not guaranteed to function with our network.
- Click on the wireless button on the right side of the status bar. Select either UMKCWPA or eduroam.
- A page should appear to configure the connection. Fill in the fields with the appropriate info.
- Wi-Fi security: =
WPA & WPA2 Enterprise
- Authentication =
Protected EAP PEAP
- Anonymous identity = (Leave Blank)
- CA certificate =
No CA certificate is required
- PEAP version =
- Inner authentication =
- Username = (Your UMKC Username)
- Password = (Your UMKC Password)
After selecting Connect, a prompt should appear confirming that you have sucessfully connected.
*Please note: Configuration of UMKCWPA or eduroam on an *nix device requires the
PEAP EAP method, and
MSCHAPv2 Phase 2 Authentication. Most modern desktop oriented flavors of *nix should support these protocols. However, some *nix flavors may not utilize these protocols and cannot be used on the UMKCWPA or eduroam networks.
Please contact the IS Call Center at (816) 235-2000 with any questions or concerns.