Following is a list of equipment and expertise currently available in MUBIG:
• Nikon Confocal Microscope
• One Intact Power lab-Radnotti Muscle Setup for contractility and fatigue experiments (force transducers, channel amplifiers, chart recorder, electrical stimulator, stimulus isolation unit, 1 Pentium-II PC equipped with PowerLab for Windows).
• Two single muscle fiber setups for contractility studies (force transducers, channel amplifiers, chart recorder).
• A complete Photon Technology International (PTI) system for ratiometric, calcium imaging experiments and vesicles/cell suspension: a) Photometer measurement of fluorescence in individual cells; b) Calcium Imaging in individual cells. C) Cell suspension/vesicles chamber for photometric studies.
• Facilities for molecular and cell biological studies, and protein biochemical assays
• Dedicated cell culture hood and CO2 incubator.
• -80C Freezer,
• Nanopure water purification system
• Force plate actimeter
• Rodent treadmill
• GE DIGE imaging system for 2D gels and multiplexing Westernblotting.
• Olympus IX-51 epifluorescent microscope with Fura-2 ratiometric imaging capabilities
• Corbett Research Rotorgene Real-time PCR machine
• 16 channel Powerlab and 3 organ bath modules for measuring muscle contraction
• Langendorf apparatus for heart perfusion
• Olympus dissecting scope with camera
• Eppendorf microcentrifuge (model 5414R)
• Hermle (z300) swinging bucket centriguge
• Thermolyne Dri-bath incubator
• Gel electrophoresis equipment (Fisher Scientific)
• Protein electrophoresis and Western blotting equipment (Bio-Rad and Invitrogen)
Danish Myo Technology:
• Flow meter Model 161FM
• Pressure myograph system 111P
• Wire myograph system 610M
• Olympus 1X71
• Olympus SZ61 dissecting scopes (X2)
• Molecular devices axon CNS multiclamp 700B microelectrode amplifier
• Molecular devices axon CNS digidata 1440A data acquisition system
• Bioscience tools PC-16 perfusion system
• Eppendorf PCR thermocycle