Parent and Family Council
Hoping to create a dynamic partnership between parents, family members and the university community, UMKC launched the Parent and Family Council in 2017.
We welcome you to join us as we work toward our shared goals of student learning, development and success.
Parent and Family Council will:
- Celebrate the connection between UMKC and the parents and families of our students.
- Inform parents and families about services, events and policies that have or will shape our campus community.
- Enhance open communication between the UMKC campus and parents and family members.
- Facilitate a forum for voicing concerns to UMKC leadership.
- Help parents and family members become informed advocates for UMKC in their own communities.
- Enhance students' lives on campus.
- Promote the advancement of UMKC by strengthening it at all levels.
Become a founding member of the UMKC Parent and Family Council and help us establish this important new group.
To join or to ask questions, please contact Kim Kushner, Events and New Student Programs Coordinator, at (816) 235-5579 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Read the Insider Guide
Explore our Insider Guide for parents and families to learn tips and resources for supporting your student during their UMKC journey.
News and Announcements
April 19 UMKC Jazz Night
April 20 Study Abroad Information Session