Registration and Records

Catalogs, degree audits and majors

Click one of these links for information on:


The catalog is the official record of degree program requirements. Students are expected to become thoroughly familiar with all academic regulations and requirements of the catalogs pertaining to their program of study and to comply with its provisions.


What are Major Maps?

Major Maps are detailed, undergraduate, four-year course outlines that inform students on the classes they should take and when to take them. Outlines are updated yearly.

Graduate and professional students need to contact their program's individual school for program outlines.

Changing your major, minor or emphasis area, click here

Undergraduate and graduate students wishing to change their major, minor, emphasis area or certificate should consult with an academic adviser in the department for their new major, minor, emphasis area, or certificate. The adviser must submit a Declaration of Major form bearing the student’s signature directly to the Registration and Records Office to change a student’s major.  Students must declare a major by the time they complete 60 credit hours.

Double majors vs. Double degrees, click here

A double major may be earned when a student completes two full majors, generally within the 120 hours required for a single degree. The specific major requirements of each major must be fulfilled. Students will only receive one diploma and it will indicate both majors.


If the two degree programs are administered by different academic units, the major requirements of both academic units, as well as the general education requirements, must be fulfilled. The double major is only available in B.A./B.A. or B.S./B.S. combinations.


A double degree may be earned when a student completes a minimum of 150 hours, completing the general education and major requirements for each of two majors. Students who earn a double degree will receive two diplomas simultaneously.

Minors, click here

Minors are awarded in addition to a student's declared major at the time of graduation (minors cannot be awarded separately). There is no limit to the number of minors a student may earn, provided they complete all of the necessary coursework for each minor. A minor is typically 18 credit hours, 9 of which are junior/senior level classes. See the undergraduate catalog for specific requirements for each minor.

Minors do not appear on diplomas but do appear on transcripts.

Certificates, click here

Graduate Certificate programs are administered through the School of Graduate studies in conjunction with the academic unit. They can be awarded with a graduate degree or separately. See the graduate catalog for specific requirements for each certificate program.

Graduate certificates are printed separately from diplomas and appear on transcripts.

Undergraduate certificates are currently not available.

Degree Audits in PlanMyDegree

PlanMyDegree automatically generates a report reflecting a student's academic progress toward the completion of a degree. A student may request a degree audit for their major or minor.


In addition, a student may request "What If" reports for other majors or minors they may be considering. The report automatically places the student's UMKC course work, transfer courses, and in progress courses within a series of requirements and sub-requirements for a specific degree program.


A degree audit is not a confirmation of requirement or degree completion. You must meet with your academic adviser to confirm progress toward earning your degree. Click here for more information on Degree Audits.




Declaration of Major form (DOM)

Degree Audit Information


Major Maps

Schedule of Classes


Contact Information

Registration and Records

Phone: 816-235-1125
Fax: 816-235-5513
Follow umkcregistrar on Twitter Like UMKC Registrar on Facebook