Dropping your last class for a term
Degree seeking students are not allowed to drop down to zero hours via Pathway. If you wish to drop all of your classes for a specific term, you must complete the Term Withdrawal Survey, even if you plan to re-enroll later.
- Click on the Term withdrawal survey to be taken to the survey website.
- Log-in with your SSO and password
- Complete the survey
- Your completed survey will be sent to the Registration &
Records office via e-mail.
- For the purpose of meeting deadlines for withdrawal or refunds, your classes will be dropped as of the date you completed the survey, although it may take 1-2 business days for the transaction to appear in Pathway.
- NOTE: you will not be instantly dropped from your classes upon completing the survey.
- NOTE: if you submit the survey after the deadline for withdrawals for the term, your withdrawal will not be processed. You must petition to your academic unit for permission to withdraw after the deadline.
- Your completed survey will be sent to the Financial Aid and Scholarships office to determine if any of the federal financial aid you received for the term will need to be immediately repaid.
- Your completed survey will be sent to the UMKC HelpLine to address any specific concerns or complaints you might have indicated in your survey.
- If you are an international student, your survey will be sent to the International Student Affairs Office to ensure you are in compliance with all federal immigration laws.
- You will receive a copy of the completed survey in your UMKC e-mail for your records. SAVE THIS E-MAIL in case there are any problems.
- To determine if you will be eligible for a refund, consult the Add/Drop deadlines for the term.