There are so many ways to make a difference. As an independent, nonprofit corporation serving as the official fund-raising and fund-management organization for the University of Missouri-Kansas City, the UMKC Foundation was established in 2009 to raise, invest and manage the charitable gifts on behalf of UMKC.
The people who work at the UMKC Foundation know it is a very special place where everyone plays a part in achieving the University's vision of becoming a model urban research university characterized by signature graduate and professional programs, a dynamic undergraduate population, a highly diverse faculty, staff and student body, and active engagement with its city and region.
Prospect Research Analyst
UMKC Foundation is seeking a full-time Prospect Research Analyst.
We are looking for a qualified, mission-oriented candidate who demonstrates the fundamental competencies of prospect research and seeks to grow in the profession.
Applicant should be curious, analytical, persistent, and detail-oriented. A creative thinker and problem solver, candidate should work well both independently and in collaboration with others. Excellent communication and customer service skills are essential.
- Provide in-depth research and analysis of individual, corporate and foundation donors and prospects using a variety of sources, tools and techniques.
- Prepare written profiles, ratings, and qualified lists as necessary to support the strategic fundraising efforts of the Foundation. Act as a strategic partner and pro-actively provide data-informed recommendations regarding next steps to development officers.
- Track research findings in CRM system and assist with organization-wide efforts to acquire and maintain institutional data according to best practices in data management.
- Provide exceptional customer service to a variety of internal and external partners; work collaboratively with clients to determine (and at times negotiate) the feasibility and scope of research requests and special projects.
Bachelor's degree with a minimum of two years employment in the non-profit or higher education sector.
Prospect research experience is preferred; however, demonstrated proficiency in a related field such as history, library science, legal research or genealogy may also be considered.
Demonstrated knowledge/proficiency in the following areas desired:
- Demonstrated ability in research techniques such as prospect identification, data mining, and relationship mapping.
- Familiarity with push technology resources and electronic screening tools.
- Ability to read and interpret business, government & legal documents (IRS Form 990, SEC filings, property assessments, etc.).
- Strong written and verbal communication skills. Must be able to analyze, interpret, synthesize and present complex information effectively.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills; ability to juggle multiple projects and deadlines and adapt to shifting priorities.
Solid experience with fundraising databases (Ellucian Advance a plus), reporting and visualization tools (e.g. Cognos, Tableau), and online information and screening services such as Lexis Nexis, Sorkins, FoundationSearch, ResearchPoint, etc.
General awareness of best practices in database management.
- High-level proficiency in using Microsoft Office suite, with particular emphasis on Excel.
- Professionalism and discretion in handling confidential donor and prospect information.
- Personal commitment to professional development and growth.
Supervision: This position reports to the Director of Prospect Research & Management.
Submit cover letter, resume and three professional references to:
5115 Oak Street, AC 202
Kansas City, MO 64110
Position will remain open until filled.