Teaching with Writing and Reading
WI Courses Recently Taught: Spring 2013 - Spring 2014 PDF.
WI & RooWriter Requirements in Schools outside the College of A&S.
- General Print & Other Writing Resources
- Engaging Ideas: The Professor's Guide to Integrating Writing, Critical Thinking, and Active Learning in the Classroom, 2nd Ed., John C. Bean, 2011
- Student Writing in the Quantitative Disciplines: A Guide for Faculty, Patrick Bahls, 2012
- Publication & Writing Contest Opportunities for Students at UMKC
- Lucerna Student honors journal. Can download all previous volumes.
- Sosland Journal Click on "Sosland Journal". Can download all issues since 2008.
- Ilus W. Davis Writing Competition Click in the right column to get the entry form.
- Number One Click on "Number One". Read information about this student literary magazine.
- Young Scholars in Writing A peer-reviewed journal. Can download all previous volumes.
Practical TIPS on Teaching Writing
- Peer Review
- How to teach students to write a thesis statement
- How to teach students to find/choose a paper topic
- How to teach students to read critically, as we do
- How to help transfer students or ESL students in a WI course
- Plagiarism - tutorials, quizzes, advice