UMKC offers group tours of campus for schools and organizations. These tours are meant for groups of 10 or more. For an individual visit or event, contact our Welcome Center.
GROUP VISIT AGENDA
K-8th Grade Students and Non-Student Organizations
- 30-minute college planning seminar
- 40-minute outdoor, walking tour of campus (no residence halls)
9th-12th Grade Students
- 30-minute UMKC Presentation that includes Admissions, Financial Aid, and Housing information
- 60-minute outdoor, walking tour of campus including residence hall
If your group would like to enjoy lunch in our Dining Hall, please contact Nicole Ross for cost and availability. No outside food is allowed on campus.
We ask that you carefully read our Group Visit Agreement prior to submitting your request.
- It is the responsibility of the chaperones to attend all sessions with their group, including the campus tour.
- The use of electronic devices, such as cell phones, mp3 players, or iPods, is not permitted during the visit.
- If at any time during the visit the group is deemed unruly or unmanageable by UMKC staff, then the visit will end.
- Cancellation of visits must occur at least 24 hours in advance. Failure to provide appropriate cancellation notice may limit future scheduling opportunities for your group.
- If a late arrival is anticipated, it is the responsibility of the point of contact to notify the Welcome Center. In the event of a late arrival, the visit will likely be modified.
To schedule a group visit, complete and return the Registration Form. Before completing the form, note the following:
- The group has a maximum of 200 students and one chaperone for every 10 students.
- Group visits are available Tuesday through Thursday at 9:00 a.m., 1:00 p.m., or 3:00 p.m.
- Group visits include an outdoor, walking tour of campus - rain or shine! Encourage all participants to dress appropriately.
- Requests must be made at least two weeks in advance.
- Visits are available on a first-come, first-serve basis.
- Due to staffing resources, scheduling conflicts, and the size of our facilities, we cannot accept every request we receive.