Academic advisor and staff Pathway help
Getting access to Pathway
See this page for instructions on how to obtain Pathway access.
Pathway navigation for the advisor role
If you have advising access in Pathway, this document will help you know where to find the information you need.
Pathway training documentation (PDF documents)
- Adding Advising Holds
- Removing Advising Holds
- Pathway Schedule Planner (PDF)
- Advisor/Admin Class Roster
See who's registered, who's dropped, and e-mail those enrolled
- Assigning Advisors to Students
Students can view their assigned advisor in Self Service, and it prints on their DARS report
Accessibility Mode (PDF)
- Changing Students' Max Hours
Students must petition to enroll in more than 17 hours in the Fall and Spring semesters
- Class Search (Schedule of Classes)
- Clearing your Cache (PDF)
Print a Transfer Credit Report
View the external classes a student has taken and their UMKC equivalent
- Print an Academic Advising Profile
- Reviewing Advisees' Information
Current Major, Academic Standing, Photo, Class Schedule, etc.
- Student Permission
One person in each department has the capability of assigning student permission to enroll in consent required classes.
- PeopleSoft/Pathway Terminology
- "I Can't Register on Pathway!" Common Problems and the Solutions
- Viewing who is on the wait list for a class (PDF)
Pathway Advisor training is offered upon special requests only. Contact Amy Cole to request a training session. Note: You must have access to Pathway before you attend a training session.
Pathway Advisor training sessions are intended for student services coordinators, academic advisers and administrative assistants who refer to this information on a daily basis.
This session is NOT recommended for faculty who have minimal advising responsibilities. Faculty training is currently available on the Faculty and instructor Pathway help site. If you have any questions about whether you should attend this training, contact Amy Cole at 235-1211.