Degree Audits in Plan My Degree
To log-in to the degree audit tool, Plan My Degree, go to planmydegree.umkc.edu.
Plan My Degree automatically generates a report reflecting a student's academic progress toward the completion of a degree. A student may request a degree audit for their major or minor.
In addition, a student may request "What If" reports for other majors or minors they may be considering. The report automatically places the student's UMKC course work, transfer courses, and in progress courses within a series of requirements and sub-requirements for a specific degree program.
A degree audit is not a confirmation of requirement or degree completion. You must meet with your academic adviser to confirm progress toward earning your degree.
1. Go to PlanMyDegree.umkc.edu
2. The following screen will appear:
3. Enter your SSO or username in the appropriate field. Do not include “@umkc.edu” when you enter your username.
4. Enter your password.
5. The following screen will appear.
6. To request a degree audit, select Request New from the audits drop-down menu or the blue “Request Audit” button in the grey box.
7. The following screen will appear. The “Run Declared Programs:” area contains the student's current degree program. To request a degree audit for that specific degree program, select Run Declared Programs at the bottom of the screen.
8. The screen below will appear. The screen will hold this appearance for up to one minute until the audit is ready to be opened. The second screen below is how the screen will appear when the audit is ready to be viewed. To view the degree audit, select View Audit
9. A partial audit for a test student is shown below.
10. Each section of the audit is called a requirement. Each requirement is numbered and is preceded by check mark, an X, or and ellipsis.
11. To see the courses in each requirement that have been completed or "select from" courses that will complete the requirement, select the tiny arrow beside the numbered requirement.
12. The courses in the “select from” list are linked to the UMKC Course Catalog and will pull up the course description when you click on them.
The degree audit is an automated report reflecting the student's academic progress toward the completion of a degree. The student may request a degree audit for their major or minor. In addition, "What If" reports may be requested for other majors or minors the student may be considering. The report automatically places the student's UMKC course work, transfer courses, and in progress courses within a series of requirements and sub-requirements for a specific degree program.
No. The degree audit report is a tool used by both academic advisers and students. The student should not rely on the degree audit without consulting with his or her academic advisers. The degree audit cannot replace one-on-one contact with the student's academic adviser, particularly in the student's area of interest.
Students with double majors will have a separate degree audit for each major program.
The report shows how transfer work that has been entered in Pathway will apply toward your degree requirements. Transfer coursework will appear in the audit with the equivalencies determined upon transfer, not with the course subjects and numbers from the previous institution. If your transfer coursework is not appearing, you should contact your academic advisor to see if an official transcript needs to be submitted.
Courses that will fulfill a requirement can be found within the requirement, by speaking to your academic adviser, or on the Major Maps site for the degree program.
What do I do if I believe I have complete a course that should satisfy one of my degree requirements and that requirement shows unfulfilled on the audit? Click here.
You should contact your advisor as soon as possible to clarify and
confirm that the coursework has been evaluated. Because you will
be making decisions regarding enrollment each term, it is important to
have an accurate record of requirement completion throughout your time
- To print the degree audit report with all of the requirements closed, select Close All Sections and Printer Friendly at the top of the audit. When the printer-friendly version appears, print as usual.
- To print the degree audit with all of the requirements open, select Open All Sections and Printer Friendly at the top of the audit. When the printer friendly version appears, print as usual.
- To print the degree audit report with chosen requirements open or closed, open or close the chosen requirements by selecting the tiny arrow to the left of the requirement number. When all sections are open or closed as they are supposed to be, select Printer Friendly at the top of the audit. When the printer-friendly version appears, print as usual.
1. From the request an audit screen, click on “Select a Different Program.”
2. From the Degree drop-down menu, select the degree program for which you would like to run a "What if " degree audit report. Then select the most appropriate Catalog Year.
3. Select “Run Different Program” at the bottom.
1. From the audit request screen, click on “Click to view available options.” Select PDF from the drop down box for Format.
2. Then finish running your audit.
3. Once the audit has completed it will appear in your list of audit as a PDF.
4. Select View Audit. Then you will be given the option to download the PDF Audit.