Policies and Procedures
Process for updating degree audits (coming soon)
Process for updating Major Maps (coming soon)
Process for changing a student's major (coming soon)
Program Change Form (Word)
Procedure for grade changes [coming soon]
Image Now and how to get access (coming soon)
Procedures and documentation for changing an existing course or adding a new course or subject can be found on the Office of the Provost website here.
Faculty who require students to register at third-party sites, especially if grades are stored on the third-party server are only allowed for students to register and utilize these services if they are an approved vendor listed below. If a publisher has not signed a FERPA-compliance agreement with UMKC any instructor who requires a student to sign up for a non-approved site is placing the students and the institution at risk for a possible FEPRPA violation. The following third party vendors have appropriate security clearance and agreements with UMKC.
- MasteringBiology -- Pearson/Benjamin Cummings
- McGraw-Hill Education
The following is a list of approved third party software vendors that have been approved and cleared by UMKC’s security administrator. The approved software vendors are used to provide online solutions for the various offices and or schools listed below.
- AdAstra – Registration & Records
- ActiveNetwork -- eCommerce and event registration
- Akcia – School of Medicine and School of Nursing
- BlackBoard – UM System
- DecisionDesk -- Conservatory of Music and Dance
- Foliotek -- Academic Affairs
- GradeFirst – Student Athletics
- iModules -- Alumni Affairs
- Intelliworks -- School of Education
- LiveText – School of Education
- Moodle -- Run by UMKC but hosted at MoreNet
- MyLabsPlus -- Provost's Office
- NaceLink (RooCareer Network) – Career Services
- Point & Click – Student Health Center
- Starfish -- Provost's Office
- TerraDotta -- Study Abroad
- TutorTrac -- Center for Academic Development
- TurnIt IN -- Provost’s Office
- RecTrack – Swinney Recreation Center
- WeaveOnline -- Provost's Office
Any Academic Units or campus support office wanting to purchase and use third party software must be approved by the Chief Information Officer and meet all security requirements required by UMKC. For additional information contact Doug Swink, Registrar or Andy Goodenow, Associate CIO.
The Office of Admissions, in coordination with UMKC Central, processes all non-degree applications which are commonly referred to as visiting students. Visiting students apply to take classes as undergraduate or graduate students. The level of the students (undergraduate or graduate) determines the fees associated with the class and the type of credit that will be awarded.
Visiting student will have until the University Census date of each semester to make a request to change their enrollment degree level status. Changes requested after the University Census date will not be approved. Students who request a degree level change after the start of the term and prior to the University Census date will be charged a $50 late registration fee.