Registration and Records
How do I take the FERPA course?
- Log on to Blackboard with your SSO
- In the Organization Search box on the left, type "FERPA" and click Go.
- It should pull up the "FERPA Training" course (the Organization ID is
- Click on the arrows at the end of the Organization ID and select
- Click on Submit to confirm
- Click on OK, you will be taken to the FERPA Training course main page
- Click on the Assignments button in the left-hand menu
- Read through the assignments and take the practice quizzes
- You must take the Final Exam at the bottom of the page and get a score of 35 out of 50 in order to pass.
(Click on the words, "REQUIRED: FERPA Final Exam" to take the exam)
- Once you have passed, your score will be automatically sent to the Registration and Records Office and you will receive a confirmation e-mail when your Pathway access is available.
- If you are an instructor, you will automatically be granted instructor access to Pathway.
- If you need non-instructor access, you must complete the
Pathway Access Request form.
- The setup process after taking the FERPA test can take 1-2 business days. You will receive an email confirmation when your Pathway access is available.