The Administrative Conference Facility is a service of the University under the management of Special Events in cooperation with the University Center. The conference facility serves the meeting needs of the chancellor, provost, vice chancellors, deans and academic directors, alumni and constituent affairs, and their sponsored groups.
For more information, call the conference center assistant at 816-235-5982, e-mail or fax at
Prioritization of requests
Requests are accepted on a first-come, first-served basis. There is a two-day limit on use of conference space — multiple day meetings are permitted only by special arrangement. Space assignments will be made according to the following priorities:
- The chancellor, provost, vice chancellors, deans, and academic directors, alumni and constituent affairs, and their sponsored groups will be considered first.
- Requests from other groups, organizations or entities will be considered only when such use does not interfere with the regular conduct of the University-related business.
The Conference Facility's hours are 7:30 a.m. to 9 p.m. Monday-Friday. There is a $10 per hour room rental fee for meetings beginning at 4:30 p.m. or later.
Reservations and cancellations
Reservations for rooms should be made through the Conference Facility. Reservations for events should be made a minimum of three working days in advance of the reservation date. A room reservation must be made before any food arrangements can be made. Cancellation of any event should be made as far in advance as possible to ensure that the facility can be rescheduled for other groups.
Note: There is a $10 per hour charge for all evening conference room reservations beginning at 4:30 p.m. or later. Failure to cancel your event at least 8 hours before will result in a $25 cancellation fee.
The Conference Facility is on the second floor of the Administrative Center at the University of Missouri-Kansas City's Volker campus. The Administrative Center is physically located at 5115 Oak St. The mailing address is 5100 Rockhill Road, Kansas City, MO 64110. Parking is available on the west side of Oak Street in lot #24, which is across the street from the Administrative Center.
The Conference Facility is equipped with Internet connections, conference call capabilities, bulletin boards, dry-erase boards, audiovisual and sound equipment. Phones are located in the rooms for campus use only. The Conference Facility has a limited amount of audio-visual and media equipment available for functions scheduled through the Conference Facility Office. Equipment not provided by the facility can be rented at the client's expense.
- The Conference Facility is not responsible for lost or stolen items left in the room prior to or following your event.
- Users are responsible for removing items brought in and for maintaining the general cleanliness of the rooms.
- All groups are financially responsible for any damage done to the room(s) and/or equipment.
- The tables and chairs in the room(s) may be rearranged by the client. However, the room must be left in the same arrangement in which it was found.
- The Conference Facility will not permit the affixing of anything to the walls, floors or ceilings of rooms with nails, staples, tape or any other substance.
The Conference Facility has six rooms: Plaza, Brookside, Gillham Park, Hyde Park, Loose Park and Swope Park. Rooms are assigned according to the number of people anticipated and type of set-up required. Should attendance increase or decrease, the facility reserves the right to move the group without notification to a room of more suitable size. Room capacities are as follows:
- Plaza Room: 50
- Brookside Room: 24
- Gillham Park Room: 20
- Hyde Park Room: 15
- Loose Park Room: 10
- Swope Park Room: 10
Catering arrangements and event planning
Sodexho Catering is to be given the first right of refusal for all food and beverage service for the Conference Facility. Food and beverage arrangements can be made through Sodexho at 816-235-1076. The conference center assistant can provide event consulting and catering arrangements. A copy of the catering invoice must be faxed or sent to the Conference Facility prior to your event to ensure delivery of your food and beverage on the day of your function.
- The Conference Facility is a smoke-free environment.
- Because of fire-safety standards, use of candles or items with an open flame are prohibited.
- Sale of any items in the Conference Facility by groups must be approved by the vice chancellor of administration and finance two weeks prior to the event. E-mail the Conference Facility for more information.
- Academic and continuing education classes, lectures and labs may not be scheduled in the Conference Facility.
- The Conference Facility does not sell alcoholic beverages. Any use of alcoholic beverages at a function in the Conference Facility or on the University campus must be done with the permission of the University Center Administrative Office a minimum of two weeks prior to the event. The alcohol must be served by the Sodexho Catering staff. Alcohol permits are available through the Conference Facility.