Undergraduate Student Learning Outcomes: Black Studies Program
1. Acquire a holistic understanding of the experiences, contributions, and condition of African-descent peoples in the evolution and formation of American society and culture.
2. Develop a basic understanding of the active role of Africa and the African Diaspora in global society and human culture.
3. Learn to employ Black Studies as a critical tool to understand the human experience generally.
4. Gain exposure to the breath and depth of perspectives that give respect and voice to the Black experience.
5. Learn to employ social science and humanistic approaches to examine human society and culture.
6. Develop advanced skills in critical thinking, written and oral communication, research, analysis, theory building, multicultural understanding, and global awareness.