of the Master of Public Administration have the knowledge and skills necessary to effectively and ethically lead and manage dynamic public service organizations. Specifically, the students will:
- Engage in sophisticated decision making, grounded in disciplined analytical and critical thought, to effectively address the long term needs and interests of communities, organizations, and their stakeholders.
- Understand the process as well as content dimensions of problem analysis and resolution and make effective use of state-of-the-art administrative and management practices and methods, including the effective use of technology.
- Communicate effectively, verbally and in writing.
- Exhibit competence in understanding and addressing the ethical dimensions of public service leadership and management.
- Understand the wide variation that exists in the principles, cultures, and practices of organizations and communities from different parts of the world, and the implications of this variation for effective public service leadership.
- Understand the value of diversity and inclusion and exhibit competence in ethical, effective, culturally competent leadership and management.
- Demonstrate self-confidence and capacity to deal with dynamics, complex, and ambiguous community problems and issues.
- Have the capacity to work effectively in collaboration with others through teams, alliances, and networks to achieve results.