How to Apply
Search for Jobs
- Job openings are updated every day.
- If using Advanced Search, do not use the Select Job Families menu.
- If you receive a “NO RESULTS FOUND” message at the top of the hour when the system is refreshing, try again in a few minutes.
- Maintenance is done on the online application system on Mondays from midnight–6 a.m. During this time, you will not be able to enter the system or submit an application.
- Applications must be submitted before 11:45 p.m. CT on the final day of the posting.
Apply for a Position
How to apply
- All applications and application materials must be submitted through our online application. You can use a computer in the UMKC Human Resources department, Administrative Center, Room 226, to apply.
- Prepare to spend up to 60 minutes on the application process. Before starting, have information about previous work experience, education, certifications, references, etc., available.
- If you are a new user, create an account.
- We recommend you use your email address as your username. Not providing your email address may exclude you from receiving important communication regarding the status of your application.
- If you do not use your email address as your username, please use a username and password that you will easily remember.
- Please combine your cover letter and resume or CV into one PDF or Microsoft Word document and upload as a resume attachment.
- Limit document name to 50 characters
- Maximum size limit is 11MB
- Do not include special characters (e.g., /, &, %, etc.)
- While completing the application, do not use your browser’s back, refresh or forward buttons. This will cause the system to time out and lose your information.
- List your complete education and work history, especially dates of employment, even if they are already included on your resume or CV. If your resume includes full job descriptions, you do not need to repeat them on the application.
- Include relevant volunteer experience
- Respond to all questions in the applicant questionnaire section. You must respond to the applicant questionnaire every time you apply for a position.
- If you previously submitted an application, the information you entered at that time will populate your new application. However, you can edit the information in the new application.
Get help with your application
- You cannot edit the application after you have submitted it. The only information you can update is your profile, if you're an external candidate, such as address, email and phone number. However, you can apply for a position more than once. We review only the most recently submitted application.
- If you are experiencing problems completing the application process, email UM System application assistance or call the HR Service Center at 800-488-5288 from 8 a.m.–4:30 p.m. Monday through Friday
- TTY users may call through Relay Missouri at 800-735-2966
- For Spanish translation, please call through Relay Missouri for Spanish at 800-520-7309
- To request ADA accommodations, please call 816-235-1621
How do I check my application status?
- If you provided us with an email address, you will receive a courtesy email confirming receipt of your online application within a few hours. If you do not receive this email, please check your junk mail folder. Please do not respond to this message.
- Verify your application was received. The status of the job will read “Applied” if your application was successfully submitted.
- Contact a member of the recruitment team 816-235-1621.
What happens after I apply?
- Human Resources or the assigned search committee will review your application. It is our practice, under Affirmative Action guidelines, that if you do not meet the minimum qualifications posted in the job listing for the position, your application materials will not be forwarded to the department for further review and consideration.
- If you meet the minimum qualifications of the specific job and you completed all relevant sections of the application, your application will be forwarded to the hiring manager within two business days from the day your application materials are successfully submitted online.
- If selected for an interview, you will be contacted directly from the department’s hiring authority.
- We will collect and verify your personal data following your acceptance of a contingent offer of employment.
UM System employees
If you currently work at any UM campus, including UMKC, visit myHR to view and apply for current openings.