UMKC’s Office of Undergraduate Research & Creative Scholarship partners with a number of initiatives and offices on campus including,
- KC Bancs—an NSF-funded grant that provides opportunities for veterans and students with disabilities to pursue work in STEM fields
- UMKC Honors College—provides additional funding for SEARCH and SUROP grants
- Avanzando Scholars—provides academic support, mentoring, and enhanced access to resources and networks for Latina/o students.
- School of Graduate Studies—provides graduate research assistant who mentors and supports students participating in SUROP
- Project Advancer—provides students from under-represented groups with stipends to work in labs on both the Volker and Health Sciences campus