Alternate Text Formats
If alternate text format is part of your accommodation plan, please follow these steps:
- Enroll for your classes as early as possible. Ideally at least 6 weeks before the start of the semester.
- Notify our Exam Coordinator that you have enrolled for the semester.
- Provide proof of purchase for each textbook that you are requesting to be in alternate format.
- Alternate formats are available in PDF, Word, RTF, and EPUB formats.
- You may need to provide the Student Accessibility Services office with a copy of the textbook for scanning and formatting.
- It can take up to three (3) weeks for textbooks to be converted.
- The Student Accessibility Services office may be able to access your books on Bookshare.
Free text to speech software is available through Natural Reader.