This program offers students an opportunity to meet the full requirements of the existing programs of BS in ECE and MS in EE in a shorter time period than the separate degree programs by completing a B.S. degree in Electrical and Computing Engineering within four years and then completing an M.S. degree in Electrical Engineering in their fifth year. Please contact our department for additional info or clarification by phone (816) 235-1193 or by e-mail mailto:email@example.com
Admission Requirements for Fast Track
Students must meet the following entrance requirements:
Students are expected to follow the recommended curriculum (although deviations are possible) and must maintain:
- High School GPA of 3.50 GPA (out of 4.00).
- ACT Math of 28 or higher.
- No single grade below C (2.00) in any coursework in STEM (Science, Technical, Engineering or Mathematics) fields from another college.
- Cumulative GPA of 3.00 in any previous college credit.
- Must start at UMKC/CSEE within one year of High School graduation.
Students are admitted into the graduate program in the spring semester of their fourth year. Upon successful completion of the first four years, the students will be eligible for an assistantship. The assistantship is renewable for the second semester of the fifth year only if they complete at least nine credit hours during their first semester with at least a 3.50 GPA.
- UMKC cumulative GPA of 3.00 or higher, and
- A minimal course grade of 2.00 or higher for every course attempted in the CSEE department.
Credit Hour Requirements:
The Fast Track combination of a bachelor's program in Electrical and Computer Engineering and a master's program in Electrical Engineering requires:
- 120 Undergraduate Credit Hours
- 30 Graduate Credit Hours, and
- 150 Total Credit Hours.
The curricular requirements for both degrees are identical to the requirements for the two degrees when considered seperately, with a few additions and exceptions.
For additional details, please contact our Department by phone (816) 235-1193 or by e-mail mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org
- Students enrolled in the plan must maintain a 3.50 cumulative GPA for all UMKC coursework.
- Students must receive a minimum grade of C (2.0) for every course attempted in the CSEE Department.
- Students should follow the recommended sample program in order to graduate within five years, but variations are possible.
- The bachelor's degree in Electrical and Computer Engineering will be awarded after 126 credit hours have been earned. (120 as an undergraduate and 6 as a graduate student.) There are a number of courses available for this purpose, e.g. ECE 412, ECE 416, ECE 424, ECE 458, ECE 461,and ECE 476.
- Students must be admitted to the Graduate School in the spring semester of their fourth year.
Students should follow the sample program as listed for the BS in ECE degree and
should apply for the graduate degree prior to enrolling for the Spring semester
of their fourth year, so that they will take six hours of elective courses as a
graduate student. During their fifth year, they could enroll in 12 credit hours
each semester or make use of the Summer semester between their fourth and fifth
year to take a course or special project, if offered.