Many international students work part- or full-time while studying in Kansas City. We're here to help you navigate the employment process.

On-Campus Employment

Authorization for part-time employment on the UMKC campus is available. Professional skills increase your chances of landing a job.

Search for jobs

Off-Campus Employment

Holders of F-1 and J-1 visas may work off-campus if they have verifiable, legal permission for employment. You may apply for employment permission after you have completed one full academic year of study in your degree field (not including English as a Second Language).

I-9 form

Stating incorrect information on your I-9 is considered fraud and could result in the denial of benefits or change of status. If you are unsure about how to answer a question, consult your employer’s human resources (HR) office for clarification.

Social Security card

Economic Hardship

Employment Information