On-campus Employment

  • Authorization for part-time employment on the UMKC campus is available, though on-campus jobs can be difficult to secure unless you have skills and experience.

Off-campus Employment

  • Working off-campus without permission from immigration or ISAO is illegal for F-1 and J-1 students. U.S. Immigration law prohibits all U.S. employers from hiring anyone who does not have verifiable, legal permission for employment, and international students cannot apply for such employment permission until they have completed one full academic year of study in the degree field (not including English as a Second Language).

I-9 form

  • Stating incorrect information on your I-9 is considered fraud and could result in the denial of benefits or change of status. If you are unsure about how to answer a question, consult your employer’s human resources (HR) office for clarification.

Social Security card

Economic Hardship

More Employment Information