Students who have completed 24 or more semester hours of college-level work are eligible for admission if they have attained an overall grade-point average (GPA) of at least 2.0 (on a 4.0 scale) in all college-level courses attempted at previous institutions.
Note: Academic units may have more stringent requirements. Check the section of the catalog that describes the degree program and major you are seeking.
Students transferring from other colleges or universities should submit the following to the Office of Admissions:
- Completed UMKC application form at http://www.umkc.edu/admissions/apply. Domestic students, including Permanent Residents, Assylees, and Refugees, apply through the Office of Admissions; International students apply through International Student Affairs. Contact the appropriate office for paper application forms.
- Nonrefundable application fee. The fee for a domestic online application is $35; paper application fee is $45. International student application fee is $50.
- Official transcripts from all colleges and universities where coursework was attempted.
A transferring student who has completed fewer than 24 hours of college-level coursework must apply under the procedures for admission as a freshman and must have at least a 2.0 overall GPA in all college work attempted. These students must submit the following to the Office of Admissions:
- High school transcript with class rank and ACT score (if less than 24 college credits).
- Official transcript of all college courses completed and courses in which the student is currently enrolled.
Transfer students who do not have a 2.0 GPA are welcome to apply for admission; however, admission is not guaranteed and a student may be admitted on a probationary status.
Transfer Within the University of Missouri System
Students may transfer among campuses within the University of Missouri System. Any course that leads to an undergraduate degree on any campus of the University of Missouri System is accepted in transfer toward the same degree on each campus of the UM System offering that degree.
Students will have two cumulative grade-point averages. One is the campus GPA that will be calculated by procedures defined at the campus. The second is the University of Missouri GPA, which will include all grades and credits attempted at any University of Missouri campus, including all grades, credits and points for any courses that are repeated.
Any student attempting to transfer between University of Missouri campuses to UMKC should be aware that their cumulative University of Missouri GPA will be used to determine their admissibility.
Transfer of College Credit from Other Colleges and Universities
Refer to the Undergraduate Academic Regulations and Information section of the catalog.
Students who have completed an associates degree (AA or AS) from an accredited college or university and have a cumulative GPA of 2.0 (on a 4.0 scale) are admissible to the University, but not necessarily to specific programs. For the additional admission requirements of specific degree programs, refer to the appropriate sections of the catalog.
Articulation agreements and transfer equivalency tables can be found at http://www.umkc.edu/admissions/transfer.asp.