On this Page
Undergraduate Curriculum Committee
ChargeReviews and recommends action on undergraduate programs, policies and curricula.
Members are elected or selected by respective colleagues. They include one faculty member from each of the schools, one member from University Libraries and one member elected from the Faculty Senate or Academic Issues Committee.
- Gayle Levy | School Humanities and Social Science — Humanities and Honors Program
- Rebecca Best |School Humanities and Social Science — Social Sciences
- Aaron Reed | School of Science and Engineering — Biological Sciences
- Niki Waldron | Bloch School of Management
- Gregory King | School of Science and Engineering — Computing and Engineering
- Chris Madden | Conservatory
- Tanya Mitchell | School of Dentistry
- Carolyn Barber | School of Education, Social Work and Psychological Sciences
- Darla McCarthy | School of Medicine
- Jamie Hunt | Chair | School of Nursing and Health Studies and Faculty Senate
- Mardi Mahaffy | University Libraries
- Kim McNeley | Academic Affairs
- Dea Marx | Dual Credit — Pipeline Programs
- Brianna Portmann | Catalog Administrator
- Amy Carlson | Registrar’s Office
- Tammy Welchert | Roo Advising
Committee Minutes, Documents and Files
UMKC committees keep records of committee minutes to document meeting details and satisfy Higher Learning Commission (HLC) accreditation requirements.
Meeting Times, Dates and DeadlinesMeetings are from 8–9 a.m. on the first Friday of each month, unless otherwise noted.
Curriculum and Catalog Deadlines
The University of Missouri-Kansas City uses Leepfrog’s CourseLeaf system to manage our curriculum and catalog review and approval processes. To ensure inclusion in the next catalog publication, the deadlines for course and program proposals, modifications AND catalog page edits are as follows:
- Aug. 1 — Next catalog modification available in CourseLeaf.
- Nov. 1 — All program and course edits should be entered in Courseleaf.
Dec. 1 — Curriculum modifications approved by dean's office. All course and program modifications of current and new programs.
- Feb. 15 — UCC and SGS approval of all new courses or course modifications. Deadline facilitates optimal course scheduling for subsequent Fall enrollment (opens mid-March).
- Feb. 15 — UCC and SGS initial review of all program modifications. Deadline provides opportunity for additional feedback to units by committee.
- April 1 — Catalog publication. Deadline provides catalog publication outlining degree requirements, etc. for incoming students for orientation.
- April 25 — Final Board of Curators approval of new programs for next catalog. Promotion of program after Missouri Department of Higher Education and Workforce Development approval July 1.
- July 15 — Catalog update of faculty. Deadline provides for processing new hires and promotions to ensure accuracy of faculty listings.
- Aug. 1 — Catalog final publication and freeze. Required for a variety of accreditors, etc.